Benefits Of Briquettes
Briquettes are cheaper - CV per rupee spent is more compared to coal or fire-wood.
- This high density biomass fuel extends burn time greatly.
- 100% natural from groundnut husk; no chemical, glue or binders used in product.
- Cost effective, huge saving compared to FO, diesel, coal , gas or fire-wood burning.
- Environmentally friendly and POLLUTION-FREE fuel, using our renewable resources.
- Clean burning - minimal smoke, creosote and ash. Briquettes do not emit smoke with sulphur or phosphorus and also fly ash, hence no need of pollution control equipment.
- Easy to handle and store.
- Low ash content( below 7%) in comparison to coal( 25 to 40%) resulting least boiler ash disposal problems.
- Uniformity in size, density and moisture ensures predictable burning time.
- High sulphur content of oil and coal, when burnt, pollutes the environment. There is no sulphur in briquettes.
- Bio mass briquettes have a higher practical thermal value and much lower ash content(2-10% compare to 20-40% in coal).
- Briquettes have a consistent quality, have high burning efficiency are ideally sized for complete combustion.
- Combustion is more uniform compared to coal and boiler response to changes in steam requirements is faster due to higher quantity of volatile matter in briquettes.
- There will be no corrosion effect on boiler equipment resulting in negligible maintenance cost.
- Coal on the other hand produces Sulphur dioxide, which on mixing with moisture produces sulphuric acid and corrosive acid.